I know this isn’t the first time I’ve blogged about buying a new computer. But this is the first time Apple has left me with such a big dilemma.
Here’s the scoop:
• I’d like a new computer by September.
• Originally, I thought I wanted a laptop. I’d really like a MacBook Pro but the MacBook is more in my price range.
• Yesterday, Apple released a new iMac: new design, 20” base model, more goodies, and at $1,299 a pretty good value.
• Next, some friends told me I should consider a refurbished one. Never done that before. I’m a bit nervous. Should I be?
• Leopard is scheduled for release in October. If I wait ’til then, it will be included with my computer.
My weekly wish is for Apple just to shower me with laptop and desktop love. Wouldn’t it be nice if they’d let me take a couple for a test drive and let me share my experience with you? I’d even write a daily log. I know it’s just not their style but I like dreaming.
In case you’re wondering why I’m fixated on getting a new Apple when there are some other cool laptops out there at a fraction of the price, I purchased the educational version of Office and I have two extra licences.
But from where I sit, I’d be almost as happy if you share your opinions. What would you do if you were me? Please leave some comments. I know Linda needs some help too.
And by the way, if you’re a university student and you buy a new Apple computer between now and August 31, Apple will throw in a new iPod Nano.
Technorati tags: Apple, computers, iMac, laptop, leopard, Nano, MacBook, MacBook Pro