Monday, September 15, 2008

Introducing baby bargainista!

By now you probably know that my kids are way past the newborn, toddler and preschool stages. So, when my friend and expectant mom, Jenny Bullough wanted to blog about her shopping experiences, I welcomed her with open arms. I hope you do too!

Welcome to baby bargainista! In this weekly column I’ll be dishing about where to find good quality maternity, baby, and toddler goods, hopefully on the cheap or worth the money if they’re a big spend.

I’m a mom to one 4-year-old with another one on the way, due in January. My day job is in publishing, which is the kind of business you go into for the love of books, not because you expect to make six figures, so I’m always on the lookout for a good deal! My good friend Bargainista finally tired of hearing me blather on about my adventures in shopping for kids, babies, and bumps, and kindly offered me this weekly spot on her blog to get my ya-yas out – and hopefully offer a few helpful tips along the way.

My aim is to cover all kinds of topics of interest to moms and expecting moms -- from finding inexpensive yet stylish maternity wear, to finding baby gear and clothes, to outfitting a kid for preschool/daycare/JK/whatever, to finding safe toys and products (an ongoing concern of mine and of many parents), to decorating safely and inexpensively for a new baby and/or redecorating a young child’s room.

And I want to hear from you – if there’s a topic you would like covered, a tip on a great deal you’d like to share, or a question you’d like answered, let us know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny - looking forward to reading your posts about baby shopping adventures. This is such a cool extension for Bargainista. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:31 pm

    Hi Leona, Glad you like the brand extension. Your summer search for baby gifts was one of the things that convinced me to go for it.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leona! If you need any more baby-gift tips, let me know --it might be a future post topic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one. SOme of the stuff available for expectant mums and babies today is so cool - compared to the stuff that was around even 5 or so years ago. Strollers, for example, are a LOT groovier now than they used to be. This should be a fun weekly series. Almost makes me wish my baby-shopping days weren't over. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 pm

    Michaelo, Thanks for stopping by. Baby stuff is constantly changing and getting groovier every year. I noticed a huge difference even in the 3.5 years between my first and second baby. Regardless, I'll just enjoy the ones belonging to my friends and relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to the BB posts. One topic may be diapers. FYI - Pampers has a pretty good loyalty program. Not that I work for P&G but know how many diapers babies can go through!

    http://pampers.eprize.net/giftstogrow/index.tbapp?page=_how_it_works

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! Sulemaan, thanks for sharing the link to Pampers loyalty program. Hope you enjoy BB.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Target was my favorite Mat shopping store - whenever we made trips south of the border we made sure to find one. You can really score on mat clothes for a fraction of the specialty store prices. And there's a huge selection which makes it fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments