Monday, May 28, 2007

Toronto Fashion Bloggers Brunch VII - the recap

Brassaii was host to yet another TFBB today. We had large, lively and eclectic group of bloggers and journalists:

Adrian Corsin, Fashion Verbatim
Andrew Sardone, Now Magazine
Anita Clarke, I want - I got
Carolyn Rohaly, TFI Blog
Eden Spodek, Bargainista
Gail McInnes, Plutino Group
Henna Singh, Canadian Beauty
Hilary George-Parkin, Static Fashion
Kate Trgovac, My Name is Kate
Marissa Liu, Yo Porro
Nathalie Atkinson, National Post
Samra Habib, Rouge
Tiffanie Ing, Toronto Street Fashion
Zaigham Zulqernain, Week of Style
along with other members of our community

As usual, interesting conversation ensued:
Week of Style
lack of fashion for men
pitching bloggers (there are some great posts if you want to learn how to do it right)
similarities and differences between bloggers and traditional journalists (Is there a higher level of accountability? Do we have the same authority? Can a small niche audience be as important as a large one?, etc.)
Lots of food for thought to say the least.

And speaking of food...

Brassaii knew just how to treat us. Liam our server, kept surprising us with his fashion knowledge. The food was yummy and a few of us got some parting gifts: fresh baked croissants. Only one complaint: the “no individual bill” policy.

photo credit: geekgirl on flickr

Technorati tags: Brassaii, TFBB, Week of Style

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bargainista

    Thanks for the link to my Blogger Relations 101 article. Hope you and your friends found it interesting.

    j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine,

    So glad you stopped by. I learned about you from the CPRS panel discussion a couple months ago. I listened to it on the Inside PR podcast.

    I learned about your article on David Jones blog.

    You wouldn't believe the amount of time we spend discussing poor pitches/approaches.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments