Saturday, May 03, 2008

Tip of the Week: RedFlagDeals launches garage sale locator

RedFlagDeals.com launched a cool new feature perfect for this time of year. It’s called a Garage Sale Locator and allows you to search for garage sales, moving sales and yard sales across Canada with a few clicks of the mouse.

All you need to do is enter your postal code, the distance you’d travel to shop at a sale in 5 pre-set increments ranging from 5 km to 100km, and the date you want to go garage sale shopping and the garage sale locator will generate a list for you. The list can also be bookmarked on the site for future reference. It’s printer friendly too so you can take it along with you.

I love garage sales and wish I had more time to spend checking them out. There is one enhancement I’d like to see. Instead of a pick list for distances, I wish I could enter any distance I like. 5 KM is almost too big a range for me. In densely populated neighbourhoods like mine, there are usually tonnes of garage sales every weekend this month and next. A 1 KM option would suit me just fine.

The garage sale locator will also let you list your garage sale for FREE!

Share your garage sale tips.

2 comments:

  1. This is really interesting... Here's a question, is it ok for people to put half-used bottles of shampoo and the like on the sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henna, putting half-used bottles of shampoo and other products in a garage sale is just wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments