Friday, May 16, 2008

Tip of the Week: Canadian Beauty knows her stuff

Okay, so I bought the dress last weekend but now I’ve been told I need to ditch my daytime make-up for a sultry evening look. Apparently, I need to balance my face with the dramatic red sash. What does that mean? Red lipstick and black eyeliner.

I haven’t worn red lipstick in years and as a contact lens wearer, I need to find an eyeliner that won’t smudge. You may also have guessed from the infrequency of my posts, life has been a bit hectic recently. And, with only one week to go before the party, I don’t have a lot of time to hang out at the cosmetics counter searching for just the right products and shades. I’m going to check them out this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

So what did I do? I asked my friend Canadian Beauty for help. She recommended I try MAC’s Russian Red lipstick (I can even get it for free because I’ve saved up 6 old MAC containers. Sweet!) and technakohl eyeliner in brown border. I know, it’s not black but it’s pretty darn close and I’d rather go for a look that’s a bit softer than the full vamp effect. ;)

How can Canadian Beauty help you?

Canadian Beauty reviews all kinds of cosmetics, toiletries, skin care and other beauty products with balanced critiques and advice for women with different skin types and complexions. Just to spice things up a bit, her informative blog also gives you the inside look at the fashion industry with particular attention paid to what goes on behind the scenes of the biggest shows in Toronto and New York. And then there are the contests. Lots of them! There are all kinds of giveaways--everything from lipgloss to large baskets of great products.

What’s your favorite beauty blog? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I did end up at MAC and traded in six old containers for a new tube of Dubonnet coloured lipstick. Russian Red was too matte and too bright for my complexion.

    As for the eyeliner, I went with a Fluidline gel pot in Blitz & Glitz. It's a soft black and very easy to apply. Even I can do it and end up with straight line. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out Eden! I'm glad you found what worked for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments