Sunday, August 30, 2009

Exploiting Chaos sparks innovation and a free preview

Here’s a little guessing game for you. Stick with it until the end, and you’ll get a little treat. Promise.

Did you know...
These iconic companies were all found during times of chaos, specifically during economic recession?

Disney, CNN, MTV, Hyatt, Burger King, FedEx, Microsoft, Apple, Gillette, AT&T, Texas Instruments, 20th Century Fox, IBM, Merck, Hershey’s, IHOP, Eli Lilly, Coors, Bristol-Myers, Sun, Amgen, The Jim Henson Company, LexisNexis, Autodesk, Adobe, Symantec, Electronic Arts, Fortune, GE, and Hewlett-Packard.

(Candice Faktor made a similar case about innovation at a TGGD, earlier this year.)

Jeremy Gutsche, chief trend hunter, TrendHunter, lives in Toronto?

I was invited to attend my first flash mob today to help launch his new book, EXPLOITING CHAOS: 150 Ways to Spark Innovation During Times of Change, arriving in stores this Tuesday, September 1?

I missed the flash mob fun because I’m sick? Ya, I know, it sucks big time. He was giving away all kinds of free stuff including advance copies of his book to the first 100 people – and I would have been there on time for sure.

Fleishman Hillard’s Innovation Practice Group and Trend Hunter have arranged for you to have a sneak peek? It’s true. Download chapter 1 for free.

After you’ve read the preview, let us know what you think.

(Full disclosure, Fleishman Hillard is the parent company of iStudio, my employer. When people download chapter 1 of Exploiting Chaos from this page, TrendHunter will help drive traffic to Innovation What are We Thinking, FH Innovation practice’s blog. My invitation to the flash mob launch was a totally random, I received it from a Facebook friend. Oh ya, and I’m thrilled to be a new member of the FH Innovation practice group.)

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you couldn't make it! We are all really appreciative of your support!

    Check out the the video here: http://www.trendhunter.com/stunt/kanye-vs-ashton

    Thanks again for showing some Exploiting Chaos love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. The looks like everyone had a great time with the 5,000 high fives. Sorry I missed it and best of luck with your book sales.

    Cheers,

    Eden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments