Everyone I spoke to was blown away by LIV by Au Lit. Most of the women were surprised to find such a great find north of Queen Street. No me. It was spacious and impeccably laid out, thanks to owner/creative director/author, the lovely Joanna Goodman.
Merchandise ranged from clothing and accessories, including jewellery from the new design duo Edmoure Ralph (thanks for the amazing brass bow earrings), to baby clothes, books (Joanna gave me a copy of You Made Me Love You and has another novel in the works, home décor and linens – perhaps you’re familiar with her other store, Au Lit Fine Linens.) Prices were very reasonable. For example, they range from about $60-$300 for sweaters with most at the lower end and jeans start at about $100.
I’m thrilled LIV by Au Lit also supports Canadian designers (not exclusively). I’ll be back!
Guests included (thanks to Danielle for the list):
- Briony Smith and Danah Abdulla of blogTO
- Rea McNamara of EYE WEEKLY and Metro
- Emma Yardley of Canadian Living
- Johanne Durocher and Rachel of Fashion In Motion
- Jennifer Campbell of FASHION Magazine
- Gail McInnes
- Anita Clarke of I want – I got
- Jen Tse
- Linda Gaylard
- Nathalie Atkinson and Elyse of National Post
- Ashley Bartlett of She Does the City
- Afiya Francisco of The Style House
- Stefania Yarhi of Textstyles
- Tricia Campbell
- Renee Williams of Yahoo Canada Life
- Kimberly Lyn of The Souls of my Shoes