Monday, February 12, 2007

Barbie inspires M•A•C

When I was a little girl, I played with dolls. Barbies were may absolute favorite. The first recollection I have was when I was 3. My late grandfather always wanted me to cut my hair so for his birthday, I gave my first Barbie her first hair cut.

Last week I received some mail (yes, the real kind not e-mail) from M•A•C. I was so excited when I opened the envelope and saw a compact-shaped fold-out booklet with a hot pink silhouette of Barbie's head beside the M•A•C logo.

Barbie Loves M•A•C is the Barbie-inspired new spring collection available at M•A•C stores and cosmetic counters starting tomorrow. It's full of hot pinks, neutrals and bright eye shadows with names like Playful, Whistle and Springtime Skipper.

M•A•C even built a whole set of looks around Barbie themes. My fav is Malibu Barbie. (See the pic on the right.) What's yours?

For a limited time you can even buy powdered blushes and eye shadows with an etching of Barbie's head. There are special edition items like the M•A•C Barbie and M•A•C Barbie Ts too.

Do you collect Barbies? Would you wear Barbie make-up? Is Barbie still a good role model for girls in 2007 or is she a throwback to the '60s?

Leave a comment and tell us what you think.

Technorati tags: Barbie, cosmetics, dolls, M•A•C, make-up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments