Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hughie, Drewy & coffee at Roots


When it comes to Hugh Grant playing a romantic lead, I'm a bit of a sucker. I've seen all his romantic comedies. And you have to admit, Drew is just as cute as a button. I may not see Music and Lyrics in the theatre but I will definitely rent the DVD release.

So what does all this have to do with Roots? It's a bit complicated, please bare with me while I explain it to you.

Roots on Bloor is having a Karaoke kinda Valentine's Day event this weekend promoting Music and Lyrics - the new Hugh/Drew romantic comedy opening on Valentine's Day - among other things.

I think you're supposed to show up during a 2-hour window and sing Music and Lyrics Karaoke to win a prize. I'm not sure if everyone wins a prize (in-store discounts, movie passes) but the "best singer of the day" will win something special. Sorry, I couldn't find any details on their website, read what Mike Sage had to say.

Did you know Roots sells coffee now too? Well as part of the VD promo, you can bring your special someone to the Roots Organic Coffee House for a complimentary coffee. Who knew?

It won't be able to make it today - it's my son's b-day - and I'm curious to see how this turns out. So, if you go please share your story and leave a comment.

What?
Roots Get Ready for Valentine's Day Event

Where?
Roots
100 Bloor St. W. (map)
Toronto

When?
Sat. Feb. 10 - 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Sun. Feb. 11 - 1 p.m.-3 p.m.

Why?
Music and Lyrics
Roots' Valentine collection (I'm a sucker for their bags, love the heart tags too) and,
• Roots Organic Coffee House

Update - watch the movie trailer:


Technorati tags: coffee, Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant, Karaoke, Music and Lyrics, Roots, Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments