Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Sad day

Actually, it's been a very sad week.

Another mom in the neighbourhood died of breast cancer on Monday. She left behind her three young children. The last time I saw her was at a school concert in December. She'd just received bad news but nothing was going to get in the way of her watching her sons perform. She spent the evening smiling from ear-to-ear.

Her obituary was in the paper today - I knew she was a fighter but hadn't realized how much of one she'd been. I'm going to her memorial tomorrow.

A close friend of mine is fighting breast cancer now. Tonight we shared some tears.

Another friend just had surgery to prevent it from coming back.

My mom died of breast cancer when she was only 37 - I was 15; my sister was 12.

Help me help make a difference and together we can make breast cancer history!

I'm participating in The Weekend to End Breast Cancer benefiting Princess Margaret Hospital. I will be walking 79,200 steps (60 km). I did it in 2004 and I'm determined to do it again but I can't do it alone.

Please support my journey and together we'll have fewer sad days. : )

Thank you.

Technorati tags: breast cancer, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, fundraising, Princess Margaret Hospital, Weekend to End Breast Cancer, walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments