Monday, April 28, 2008

Banana Republic accidentally appealing

Last month I wanted something new to spruce up my wardrobe. Still in the midst of the NutriSystem Challenge, I wasn’t ready to take the plunge and buy a new pair of pants but I wanted a new jacket (or something like it).

While browsing through Banana Republic, a smart and tailored cardigan caught my eye. (I bought a beige one but I could only find a yellow one to show you.) I looked at the price and was in disbelief. The grouping wasn’t on a sale rack yet every one was marked down to $39.99 from $130. I tried it on and loved the way it looked – the comfort of a cotton sweater with the professional look of casual blazer all in one. And, the price was definitely right.

Fast forward to April 20. I was in Montreal and Banana Republic was having a great sale with reductions based on the total purchase price (e.g. spend $200 and get $50 off). I did some damage that I’ll tell you about later. On my way out of the store, I spotted the cardigan. Guess what? It was back up to regular price. Yesterday, I returned to the Yorkdale location and sure enough, it was back up to $130. I suspect the $39.99 price tag was an error. Oh well, their loss my gain. Shh! Please don’t tell them.

UPDATE: I was at Banana Republic yesterday. They have lots of great items on sale at terrific prices and the cardigan is now on sale for $69.00. I’ve only seen it in beige and emerald green.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:02 am

    It must have been a store mistake...but good for you. It looks like a great jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, Thanks for stopping by. It's a fabulous jacket and very slimming. I've already worn it several times. Definitely a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments