Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Loving my Golla laptop bag

Thanks to a generous friend and laptop bag expert extraordinaire, I have a couple awesome laptop bags. Although I don’t need to use them daily, I do use them regularly.

Lately, I’ve been traveling and attending conferences more than ever. I needed something with enough room for my laptop but also for my gadgets (digital camera, Flip video recorder, iPod Touch, cell phone, mic, etc.), related geek paraphernalia and room for things I usually carry in my purse.

On Boxing Day, I was at Future Shop while one of my guys was looking for a reason to part with his money. There was an entire stand dedicated to Golla laptop bags and sleeves for 50% off. I found a great laptop bag/knapsack like the one I’d been eying on a friend last summer, for less than $40.

I grabbed it and haven’t had any regrets. It has several compartments. The one for my laptop holds it perfectly secure. There are all kinds of zipped pockets and pouches for my stuff, plus I can travel in comfort and style.

What features do you look for in a laptop bag?

Check out Funchico.com for contests and discounts on laptop bags and sleeves.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the nice links & comments!!

    That Golla bag is SWEET - I've heard really good things about it! Actually, I think Alexa has one as well - you guys could start a support group :) I think some of her zipper pull tabs have snapped off, so watch out for that!

    Cheers .. Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome!

    Sure is SWEET! The Skooba sleeve fits in perfectly too - thanks again for that one - it was signed by everyone at PAB last year.

    I haven't had any trouble with the zipper pulls yet but Alexa has probably used hers. Thanks for the heads-up.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:33 pm

    This is probably the cutest laptop bag I've seen! The other bags are boring - great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet, thanks for your comment. Kate profiles all kinds of cool laptop bags on Funchico.com and her Squidoo lens. You should check them out (links in the post).

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:40 pm

    Nice bag. I like how functional it is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think laptop owners should invest on getting a reliable laptop bag. This way , your computers won't be easily scratched or dented. And with the great styled bags available in the market , I don't see the point of not getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:30 pm

    Hi Eden, I purchased a Golla backpack recently based on your review. This bag is perfect! The only difficulty was finding a retailer that had a variety of colours. I finally settled on one through Circuit City for $49.99. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela,

    Thanks so much for your comment. Glad I was able to help. I'm still using mine almost daily. And you're right, Golla bags are hard to find and retailers who carry them, tend to have limited stock. Anyway, sounds like you got yours for a good price - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments