Saturday, December 04, 2010

Hanukkah miracles do happen


Although I’m not religious, holiday traditions are important to our family. Last night as we were sitting at the dinner table with the candles burning brightly, we somehow got back on the topic of the missing iPod Touch.

Last February when I bought an iPhone, my younger son “adopted” my iPod Touch. It ended up having a hybrid of his content and mine. When he went to summer camp, it went along with him. No, he couldn’t use it regularly and he spent most of his time outdoors and without electronics. When he came home from camp after he got over the excitement of telling us about his last sleepless nights and the highlights of his summer, he became very upset. He came home without the iPod and, all his purchased music, games and mine.



Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

  1. What a great story, Eden. Thank you for sharing it with us. Helps put some faith back into humanity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I couldn't have made it up if I tried. Who would have thought the iPod would show up four months later in a couch at a car dealer in Southwestern Ontario and then the dealership would try locating the owner. Wow! Hopefully it will make it's way back here this week and in good enough condition that we can find it a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Eden! Happy Hanukkah to you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:13 am

    Wow, Eden, what a story. I'm happy we were able to help you out, isn't it funny how we had been trying to unload that iPod for months before you tweeted you were looking for one. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! And good for you and your son for paying it forward.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments