Monday, April 08, 2013

Case Study: What’s in a (Yummy)Name?


How a rebranded company found its name by starting with a domain search



Atom Agency and Yummy Names logos
One thing you probably don’t know about me is that I’m a bit of a domain name geek hog. I own 24, most of which aren’t in current use. So, when I heard about how the newly rebranded Atom Agency (formerly known as Sequentia Environics and the consulting arm of Sequentia Communications Inc.) got its new name, not only did it appeal to my geeky side I thought it was also pretty darn smart. 

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. As soon as you told us about it, I was hoping that the domain was the new registration. Great post and great story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:37 pm

    Why would they name the company different from the domain name though? While I understand the concept, it doesn't seem to make much sense without owning AtomAgency.com as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments