Saturday, June 13, 2009

Dear Bargainista #18 - teachers’ gifts

Dear Bargainista has taken on a bit of a different look today because @kristyprima asked her question on Twitter

“@Bargainista Any good recos for end of school gifts for teachers?”

•••

In 140 characters or less, here’s my answer:

@kristypryma Although some think they’re impersonal, I prefer gift certificates especially when the class pools together.”

Well, I cheated a bit:
“@kristypryma Yorkdale GCs are quite popular with teachers in our neighbourhood. So are GCs from @lululemon, Indigo and movie passes.”

Teachers, we’d like to hear from you too. Which gifts do you enjoy the most and why?
Parents, what can you add to the list?

Dear Bargainista would love to hear from you too! Have a question about shopping, fashion or food? E-mail us or send a tweet to @Bargainista.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. My friends who are teachers recommend either a Tim Horton's or Starbucks gift card - or one from the LCBO, depending on your kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas Jenny! The idea of kids giving alcohol to a teacher has always struck me as a bit odd. Maybe it's just me.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. My oldest son is in JK so this question has come up in our household lately. Another parent in the class is recommending we pool funds for a gift certificate. It seems impersonal but according to a teacher friend of mine, will be more appreciated than several boxes of chocolate, etc. Another question, do people buy gifts for the school secretary? They seem to work really hard as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louise, Impersonal maybe but definitely appreciated.

    Good question about the secretary and other people who staff our schools without a classroom per se. I'm not sure it there's consensus on this.

    I often buy a box of chocolates or other treats for the office at end of the school year. At my son's elementary school, parents volunteer to provide food and serve school staff at a year-end breakfast.

    Cheers,
    Eden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments