Sunday, May 02, 2010

Dear Bargainista – #19 Sample Sales

Dear Bargainista,
Thank you for posting all these wonderful deals! Especially your review about the Kobo – I was curious.

As for the Lida Baday sample sale next Friday, I'm definitely going. I already booked my day off! :)

I fell in love with this blue dress of hers but it's out of my price range, so I'm hoping to find it or something similar at a lower price.

My only concerns are what's the size range and what is the etiquette of a designer sale?

I've been to one sample sale with friends - fcuk - somewhere near Sherway and that was a nightmare. Clothes/shoes/bags/people strewn everywhere. I was not comfortable shopping there at all. Also I don't think I'm a sample size - dress size is an 8, shirts etc. can be a medium with pants 10/12.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Cheers,

Janice
•••

Dear Janice,

Expect long line-ups especially for the change rooms. My understanding is although there will be items in a variety of sizes, most will be sample size (6, I think).

It's typical for merchandise to be messy and disorganized at sample sales.

As for tips, be open-minded. The chances of finding a specific dress in your size and colour are probably slim but the odds of finding some great additions to your wardrobe at excellent prices are high. Also, wear comfortable shoes and clothing that's easy to change in and out of such as leggings or yoga pants and a black cami or tank top under a lightweight blouse or jacket. Leave the accessories at home.

Please leave a comment on the blog and let us know how it goes.


Happy Shopping!

Dear Bargainista would love to hear from you too! Have a question about shopping, fashion or food? E-mail us or send a tweet to @Bargainista.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments