Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gift shopping on a stormy Sunday

I don’t know about you but lots of my friends and colleagues planned to do a lot of shopping today. Mother Nature had other plans and covered our fair city with a large fluffy blanket of white stuff.

Fortunately, for those of you who are looking for some alternative gift ideas, Christopher S. Penn published a wonderful holiday gift guide from the Financial Aid Podcast, 5 GIFTS THAT COST NOTHING ... but could mean everything(pdf). Thanks to The Bryper Blog for tip.

Alexandra is focusing on edible and sharable gifts this year. Some of my friends are skipping the holiday card tradition and donating through GiveMeaning instead.

What about you? Do you have any meaningful gift ideas that don’t require leaving the house?

Tags: Alexandra Ruget, Christopher S. Penn, Financial Aid Podcast, GiveMeaning, The Bryper Blog

4 comments:

  1. MarbleJars is pretty cool (I'm in no way affiliated). For example, my good friend Mark is on there asking for help raising $ for his cryonic suspension. A great gift idea IMHO would be to donate to someone's marblejar on someone else's behalf. It's fun and meaningful and makes the world a better place.

    (I'm no longer a lurker! hurray!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray Mario, Thanks for leaving a comment! I just took a peek at MarbleJars. Wow! What a great idea. I love how there's a quick, engaging explanation that draws you in as soon as you visit the home page to. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely take closer look.

    Here's link if anyone else is interested: http://www.marblejars.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could go the way of the olden days and maybe do the whole coupon thing? (This coupon is good for one full house cleaning... etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still do that, Henna. ; ) I go between high and low tech all the time. I love getting homemade gifts from my kids. We've been getting special artwork, homemade treats and even snail mail from them this week. I also like when they want to give things to less fortunate children as a teachers' gift etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments