Monday, March 03, 2008

Loving LittleMissMatched

Ever buy a pair of socks and lose one?
How about poking a hole in one while the other is perfectly fine?
Do you like the idea of having soft and cuddly feet adorned with cheery colours on a dark dreary day?

If you’re answer was “Yes” to any of the above, check out LittleMissMatched.

I first discovered LittleMissMatched at my favourite toy store. The bright display tree filled with trios of fluffly, unmatched girls socks and gloves, in playful patterns and bright cheery colours, caught my eye. No adult sizes. Bummer!

Saturday, I took a long walk. I under estimated how cold it was outside and needed something to cover my ears. They were literally burning from the cold. I went into Out on a Limb, a cosy boutique with all kinds of goodies catering to the trendy set with full wallets.

Winter accessories were regular price while all other winter clothing was 50% off (lots of cool items left in stock, you should check it out). How disappointing! They knew they could take advantage of suckers like me who were left out in the cold.

While paying for a pair of earmuffs, I spotted a basket of brightly coloured mis-matched socks and gloves at the cash. I was lucky enough to snag the last package of LittleMissMatched socks in the store!

They weren’t on sale and at $18 they weren’t cheap either (especially compared to $14 online in the U.S.) They were oh so cute. I figured what the heck and decided to treat myself.

So what’s the deal, what makes LittleMissMatched socks remarkable?
You get 3 to a pack so if you lose one, you’ll still have a mate, solving the age-old problem of the disappearing sock (or glove)
Your socks are never the same, yet they always (mis)match
They’ll invite your inner-child to come out and play
You can either submit your own design or help choose one
If you have lots of time, you can hang out on her website and blog for hours ;)

I’m somewhat ticked they won’t ship to Canada but they will send me a list of retailers in my area. If you do live in the U.S. and sign up for the email list, you’ll get a free pack of socks with your first order and chances to win more goodies if your friends join the mailing list too.

By the way, LittleMissMatch sells a lot more than socks. Is this a cool concept or what?

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments