Saturday, March 22, 2008

Weekly Wish – Attending L’Oréal FashionWeek

Last week I attended a special TFFB where everyone was preparing for a week of fashion excitement, as Toronto’s finest designers were getting ready to debut their fall-winter ’08 collections. Most of them had press passes because the Fashion Design Council of Canada (FDCC) is enlightened enough to realize the value local bloggers bring to the community.

If you’re like me, chances are you didn’t get to L’Oréal FashionWeek. I really wanted to see the Pink Tartan show – I love Kimberly Newport-Mimram’s Pristine Punk collection. The Joe Fresh show always amazes me too – how does Joe (Mimram – yes, he’s Kimberly Newport Mimram’s other half) pull off such an incredible show while keeping prices so affordable?

Fortunately, there’s a lot of coverage online. Fashion Television assembled an incredible multimedia archive. And if you want to get a behind-the-scenes look at the make-up, check out what Henna from Canadian Beauty had to say.

Enough of this virtual view of L’Oréal FashionWeek, next fall I’m wishing for my own press pass so I can share the details first hand. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments