Saturday, March 08, 2008

Tip of the Week - for parents on the road

This week’s tip is dedicated to the moms and dads who are frequent business travelers.

I’m guessing typically the minute you get home and see the kids, the first thing they expect after a hug and kiss, is a little gift – your way of saying…

“I missed you, please forgive me for being away … again”

Do you often find yourself scrambling for that perfect something just before you hop back on the plane? Or maybe, you take you’re little angel to the toy store and let her pick out that special toy she’s been wanting for a while.

I learned a secret from a friend of mine a long time ago. Stock up on things when you see them, that way, you’ll have them on hand when you need them.

I once saw a pro hockey player and father of two, buying enough toys at one of my favourite toy stores to last him the entire season!

A twitter pal, recently on assignment in the Middle East, ran home and took his little girl to a local Build-a-Bear Workshop. I suggested he pick up a bunch of Build-a-Bear accessories to have on hand for future use.

So, choose some toys or other trinkets for your little one before your journey. When you get home, you’ll have something on hand and a lot less stress. And you’ll thank me. ;)

Share your biz trip gift tips.

photo credit: miketklee on Flickr

1 comment:

  1. Great advice -- my husband travels all the time. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments