Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SWAP & Support Your Sisters

Remember Tamsin, my partner in the NutriSystem Challenge? In this guest post, she explains her latest project.

I've been hearing more and more chatter about clothing swaps. Magazines, friends, bloggers are all describing clothing swaps as the eco-cure for our shopping blues during the slow economy. Last month, I ventured to my first clothing swap -- hosted in Toronto by StyleHog.com. It was a lot of fun! Much more civilized scene than my girlfriend Sarah and I joked could have been. (Though, I would like to have seen better quality clothes...)

I was looking for fundraising ideas because I am joining a humanitarian mission to Kenya in 7 weeks. I thought it'd be a blast to host a clothing swap party where women from various social circles hook up to swap some serious style. I hope for this even to have a particular focus on quality.

Good News! Everyone is invited. (Participation is limited to the first 30 ladies - register now!)

You will love this if you have clothes that:
You adore but simply aren’t “YOU”
No longer fit well
Deserve better loving by another fashionista.

What?
Swap & Support Your Sister – A Swap Style for a Fabulous Cause!
Make a $20 donation* and the idea is very simple: You mingle, while we organize by size.
Bring 3-4 under-loved or under-worn items (clothes, accessories, shoes) to the party and leave with 3-4 “free” fabulous finds for your closet!
A mirrored change space is provided

To maximize Swap Nirvana and ensure a great selection, all items MUST be:
High Style
Great Condition
Quality Label
Clean
Current (Less than 2 years old)

Snacks * Refreshments * Door Prizes

Why?
Support Tamsin’s humanitarian mission to transform the lives of orphaned girls in Kenya.

When?
Friday, June 5: 7 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.

Who?
You (bring your girlfriends!) – arrive on time, as participation is limited.

Where?
146 De Grassi St. (map)
street parking

How?
Register now!

If you have questions about the mission (I would love to tell you about it!) or clothing swaps (I had plenty of questions before my first swap!), you can email me (Tamsin) directly.

*Your $20 donation supports abandoned/orphaned girls in Kenya & tax receipts can be issued
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments