Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Making the best of a bad hair day

I had a bad hair day; I mean a really bad hair day. I’ve kept quiet about it because out of embarrassment.

I had a reverse perm last December and the top layer of my hair fell out. I was so uncomfortable; I stayed with the same stylist thinking he was the best person to repair his damage.

Did he offer any special treatments or services to help while my hair was growing back? No, he didn’t charge me to colour my hair at my next visit. C’est tout!

I finally got the courage to make a change. I know, I know. You’re probably thinking “What took her so long? This is uncharacteristic of Bargainista”. “What took her so long? And, you’re right. But you know a girl and her hair... Fortunately, the colour technician was a perfectionist and got it right the first time. (Usually it takes me at least two sessions with someone new.) I also splurged and had the owner/director stylist cut my hair. Et voila! No more barrettes for me - I can wear my hair down again without looking like a 70s glam rocker.

Why did I feel the need to share this with you now? Because of the postcard I received the other day. I got a nice note thanking me for choosing their salon including a voucher for $5 off my next visit.

It's the little things like thank you notes and vouchers that will secure my business - at least once more (but I suspect much longer.) If they wanted to kick it up a notch, I suggest they ditch the generic pre-printed note in favour of a personalized handwritten one. For now, I’ll gladly accept the $5 gesture and use it on my return visit.

What excellent customer service lately? Bargainista wants to know. Leave a comment.

photo credit: jfchenier on Flickr

Tags: bad hair day, Calia, hair salons

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 pm

    Last month my daughters and I shopped in Montreal. One of the purchases was a $30 bag from Aldo. After a couple of weeks, the straps became detached. One day we were in Oakville Place Mall and my daughter had the now-droopy bag with her. She showed the Aldo staff the bag, explained that we bought it in Montreal and that we didn't have the receipt. THEY GAVE HER A NEW BAG. This is great customer service and will keep my daughter shopping there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing.

    A friend of mine had a similar experience with a bag from the Rockport store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments