Friday, October 05, 2007

Tip of the Week - earn cash cleaning your closet

If you’re anything like me, your closet is probably overflowing with clothes, shoes and other accessories. If you’re even more like me, you probably haven’t worn half these items in more than a year.

Now is the perfect time to clean out your closet in time for cooler weather (those of you outside of Toronto may have done this a while ago but since we’ve had an extended summer, many of us have added this to our Thanksgiving weekend to do lists.)

If you’ve bought any new stuff or planning to do so, and haven’t quite figured out how to pay for it all, why not take some of the finer items you haven’t worn in a while and take them to a descent clothing consignment shop. You won’t get what you paid for them but you will get some money back. How’s that for recycling? Don’t forget to freshen them up at the dry cleaners first.

Take the rest of your cast-offs and donate them to charity. Remember your junk may be someone else’s treasure.

photo credit My (Very Messy) Closet by colorfulviolets on flickr

Technorati tags: charity, closet cleaning, consignment shops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments