Tuesday, October 02, 2007

After a Fashion - second season premiere

Okay, so maybe I'm a bit underwhelmed by Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice and my other guilty TV pleasures this season but an evening with some of my gal pals in Second Life never disappoints.

Last night, I went kimono shopping in Japan, hung out with friends, picked up a new outfit, got a new hairdo including colour and highlights for only a loonie (or about $250 Linden dollars, the Second Life currency). Hmm, I meant my avatar, Paradise Wunderland, did. When was the last time a night out with your friends cost only a dollar?

I’m curious to see how tonight’s episode of Law & Order: SVU, titled “Avatar” pans out. I suspect it will depict the shady side of virtual worlds, which is quite different from my experience.

If you’re smart, you’ll try out Second Life (or another virtual world) for yourself before passing judgement.

Have you spent any time shopping in Second Life yet? What did ya think? Leave a comment

Technorati tags: online shopping, Second Life, virtual worlds

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:01 am

    I have to confess that I never tried Second Life out of fear of spending too much time on that virtual world. There is so much you can do down there. Each time I take a look at it, I am amazed by the depth and by how much interesting that virtual world must be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments