Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tip of the Week: Display your contact information prominently

Welcome to the fourth in a series of tips to help bloggers build communities, find an audience and get the most out of working with brands.

I hope you’ll enjoy these tips I’ve assembled with the help of other bloggers, brands, PR consultants, marketing pros, community managers.*

Tip 4: Display your contact information prominently
Make it easy for others to find you. This sounds like a no-brainer but you’d be surprised how many bloggers make it difficult to contact them… unintentionally. 

Publish your email address and social channels in a prominent location such as the header or top of the side bar and/or have a dedicated “Contact” page (it’s okay to use a contact form) on your website  or blog and make it easy for other people to find. 

Don’t make them work too hard or they may move on and give a wonderful opportunity to someone else. Let people know the turnaround time they can expect to hear from you and if there are specific requests you’re receptive to and others you’ll ignore. 

How do you make it easier for brands to contact and connect with you?  Please share your tips in the comments.

*Based on a blog post originally appearing at Food Bloggers of Canada.
Image credit: Eden Spodek

Recent articles
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Do you find having your email address online results in a lot of spam or other unwanted emails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glen, I've always had my email address accessible from my blog and have a separate email account for that purpose. The spam I receive is primarily bad blogger outreach and not junk emails per se. What's your experience?

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments