Saturday, September 15, 2007

Anita Roddick, you’ll be missed

I can’t remember a time without The Body Shop. It was founded 31 years ago and although it became part of the L’Oreal Group last year, the successful beauty products chain continues to operate independently.

I definitely have my favorite Body Shop items such as the Peppermint Cooling Foot Lotion. But the one thing that has always stood out in my mind is the legacy created by founder, Anita Roddick who died on Monday.

Dame Anita Roddick through The Body Shop has probably done more for corporate social responsibility and animal rights than anyone. At the very least, Ms. Roddick was a pioneer who made a difference.

What’s your favorite product from The Body Shop? How will you remember Anita Roddick? Leave a comment.

Technorati tag: Anita Roddick, corporate social responsibilty, CSR, L’Oreal, The Body Shop

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:01 pm

    I love the body butter, coconut NOT mango it's too greasy. It is a great option when travelling because it's in a tub not a pump which makes it easy to open and close. I brought the mango on my trip around the world...Mistake, but I suffered it through the greasiness.

    I also remember when white musk and dewberry were the coolest perfumes and the only ones 12 year olds could wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I like the body butter too. My favorites are coconut and mango and I don't find either greasier than another. Neither irritate my sensitive skin - that's always the benchmark for me.

    I remember wearing the musk too though I don't recall the dewberry.

    Thanks for your comment and happy shopping,

    Eden

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Body Shop devotee from waaay back; I still remember when the bottles were all the same size, with those ugly green labels! Back then I was hooked on their banana shampoo and conditioner -- the first product I found that could tame my frizzy hair -- but nowadays I can't live without the mahogany lipliner. I wear it daily as a lipstick -- never bleeds and lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments