Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Weekly Wish - Lower prices on U.S. imports

I have one simple wish this week now that our dollar has achieved parity with that of our American neighbours. I’m wishing for retail prices to be the same on both sides of the border.

Why?
Sure I want to save money. Who doesn’t?

Even more so, I don’t want local retailers to lose out to cross-border shopping bargains. The big chains may be able to handle the pinch. The little indie boutiques may have a tough time. I’d hate to see them go.

What’s Next?
Will the strength of the Canadian dollar change your shopping habits? If so, how? Leave a comment.

Photo credit: The American Loonie by mattkiazyk on Flickr

Technorati tags: Canadian dollar, cross-border shopping, dollar, parity

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:50 am

    I'm currently in the states and near an outlet mall. the discounts are great in the outlets but i don't find the prices in regular stores much cheaper than at home (toronto) even with the falling US dollar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments