Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tip of the Week - tiny living for tiny things

I was hanging out at my favourite social network and Lex asked where she could order Tabasco sauce in tiny bottles. Not one to pass up a shopping challenge, I found what she was looking for in minutes from a nifty little store: tiny living furnishings for small spaces.

A husband and wife team in New York City opened tiny living in 2005 as a response to the tiny living conditions in NYC. They’ve lived in many small spaces including a 200 sq. ft. studio! Fortunately, they were smart enough to venture into e-commerce and attracted customers worldwide.

Even though they don’t sell their entire inventory online, they offer a wide-variety of cleverly designed, affordable items that are small in scale, multi-purpose, flexible or for storage. Designed for usability, I suspect they ring up more sales online than in their bricks ’n mortar store.

Do you have a favourite store catering to a niche market?

2 comments:

  1. ok seriuosly thank you so much for this! I live in a small 400 sq ft bachelorette suite and I totally need this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bitterbabe, I think a lot of us will benefit from tiny living products. I live in a tiny house. With the condo boom in Toronto, a second tiny living store here would do very well. In the meantime, I'll settle for their online store. Besides, I can shop with the click of a mouse. Can't get much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments