Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Eight new things you didn’t know about me...

Mish tagged me about a year ago. I suspected when I read Maggie Fox’s Eight things you (probably) didn't know about me” yesterday, I’d be tagged again. My only questions were when and by whom. It didn’t take long. Kate Trgovac tagged me last night. What a way to usher in the new year. ; )

1. I was born in Halifax, moved to Toronto when I was five and back to Halifax when I was 15. At 18, I moved back to Toronto for university and I’ve been here ever since.

2. The first self-serve grocery store in Atlantic Canada was started by my great-grandfather. My grandparents owned various shops in downtown Halifax. I guess you could say the seeds for Bargainista were planted many years ago.

3. As a geek, I hate to admit it but I don’t do much else with my cell phone but make phone calls and store phone numbers. Okay, so the cat’s out of the bag. To be honest, my current cell phone has a fickle key pad and my contract runs ’til August ’09. I’m too cheap to buy a new one. An upcoming Weekly Wish perhaps? Cell phone companies, are you listing?

4. Recently I’ve been diagnosed as lactose intolerant. No more decaf low-fat lattes for me. Yes, you read that right: DECAF!

5. Two events changed my life in 1995: I gave birth to my first son and I started using the Internet. Both still challenge me on a daily basis.

6. I’ve been married to my husband for almost 17 years.

7. During and following university, I worked in fashion retail, merchandising and buying before moving into communications.

8. I launched a successful online community for kids in 2001. I gained a deep knowledge of Internet safety and privacy issues. Now I help parents navigate the ’Net so they have a better understanding of what their kids are doing online.

So, I’ve come up with eight new things you may not have known about me. And now to keep this thing going, I’m tagging Michelle Tampoya, Kathryn Lagden, Kim Vallée, Saul Colt, Jay Moonah, Dave Fleet, Ali de Bold and Vasta.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:16 pm

    You're practically a fellow maritimer:) Very cool about your great-grandfather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I consider my self a fellow maritimer. :) Funny thing is people from here think of me as being from there. People from there think of me as being from here. Except for my family. They know I'm a maritimer!

    Yes, so now you know the secret is out: shopping is in my blood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Eden! I didn't post my 8 things on Eloquation, but instead on Squandrous. You can check it out here. Thanks for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17 years?!?! Congrats! Though by what age I thought you were that would mean you got married at the age of 10...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know... the internet was so life changing... I can't even begin to imagine life without it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vasta, I did. Thanks for playing. You're a man of mystery.

    Mario, there are some things better left unsaid even in these over-exposing memes. ;)

    Bitterbabe, I can't imagine life without the Internet. I go into withdrawal if I'm offline for more than a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments