Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Weekly Wish - MacBook Air

This week I’m doing something a little different. I’m giving a member of the community a chance to share his wish. Mario Parisé blogs at Happy Pixels, publishes Second Slice and is currently conducting a job search experiment.

For as long as Mitch Joel’s been bragging about his tiny long-lasting Vaio, I’ve been wondering when Apple would come out with something similar (but with OS X, not Windows, of course). Well now Apple has come out with MacBook Air and my dream is close to coming true. Check out these mouth-watering specs:

At its thickest, Air is only 0.76 inches thick.
80GB hard drive
2GB RAM
1.6 GHz Intel Core Duo processor
Up to 5 hours battery life
Plus the usual iCam, back-lit keyboard, 13.3" display

Many people have criticized that it doesn’t have its own CD/DVD drive. You need to either:
(a) buy an external one; or
(b) wirelessly connect to the drive of another computer.
This to me is a feature. I love the idea of carrying only what I need, and the truth is I rarely use discs. Beyond installing basic software (a one-time thing), I don’t carry CDs around with me as I work. Heck, most of my files are stored online.

In short, as the name suggests, the MacBook Air takes full-advantage of wireless technology. It’s built with people like me in mind: those whose primary concern is with getting rid of the extras. And yet it does this without sacrificing speed, memory, or battery life. It’s brilliant.

On top of how cool the Air is, my wonderful 2 1/2 year old daughter spilled a whole glass of cranberry juice on what was once my laptop. Which means I have more than a simple desire. I have a need.

So my first (perhaps not the last? Eden?) Weekly Wish here at Bargainista is for a new MacBook Air. Because this is a HUGE wish, I’m completely willing to reciprocate somehow to anyone who grants if for me. For example, I’m not averse to trading ads at Happy Pixels and/or in Second Slice (hey, I publish it for free), sponsored guest posts, product reviews (honest and transparent), consulting, or whatever else might appeal to your tastes.

Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments