Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Vichy with podexine provides TLC for my tootsies

Okay, so you know I love pedicures. Yes, pampering is part of the appeal but it’s not everything.

I have had very dry, disgusting feet with cracked heels. I’ve tried all kinds of foot creams with wide-ranging price points produced in various exotic locals. None seemed to do the trick. Until now.

I admit it’s partly my fault. I had a hard time remembering to apply the gunk every day. It was always, greasy, slimy, stinky or gooey. I’ve changed. My feet look pretty and have that fresh pedicure smoothness to them all the time, well almost.

Why?
I learned about a product from Vichy with a special little ingredient called podexine. I decided to try three items from the foot care line:
Kerato-Reducing Scrub,
Cracked Heel Repairer, and,
Reconditioning Care for Dry Feet.

I’ve been using them for a month. I don’t know whether or not the stuff works because of the podexine or not, but it works and that’s what matters. The creams aren’t greasy and they absorb into my skin quickly so I don’t mind using them daily. I’m not even using them as often as suggested and I’m still pleased with the results.

The trio set me back about $50 and items are sold individually. My pedicures last longer so I’m saving money while saving my feet and my dignity. I don’t need to hide my tootsies anymore.

6 comments:

  1. Oooh! This looks promising! I always rub vaseline on my feet before I go to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can yoga classes be far behind? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know. I'm probably going to havea new exercise routine along with the NutriSystem program. I was thinking more along the lines of Wii Fit but I hear it's been delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:14 pm

    I use pure shea butter - works like magic after only a couple of nights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Eden,

    If you want to get rid of those dry parts, make sure you also keep a foot scrub handy. The kind of scrub you want is a file. I mentioned it here . You can find the files at Shoppers, The Body Shop, anywhere really. Creams only go so far, and to get rid of the hard spots and cracks, you need to file them off every couple of weeks.

    Sorry to go on forever, but that is the only thing that works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Henna, I have a file too but haven't used it since I started with these products. Guess it's time. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments