Sunday, October 08, 2006

Pink Plaid Cookbook

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 32. I was young and I never really understood when people commented about her bravery.

As an adult, I have met many women who are brave. Thanks to greater awareness, early diagnosis, medical research and better treatment, they are here with us today.

One such friend is Laura Ciarello. Laura was only 36 when she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Today, with a supportive husband and two beautiful young daughters, she is a survivor. You can read more about her story in the Better Homes and Gardens Special Edition Pink Plaid Cookbook ($26.95). Proceeds from the sale of each book go to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments