Friday, December 08, 2006

Five things meme - and one for good luck!

Yes, I know Bargainista is about shopping but...

I owe a big debt to my digerati friends; and, social media evangelists from whom I've learned a lot about blogging, whether or not they give a flying fig about shopping.

So, I'm stepping up to the plate, taking the challenge and sharing five tidbits of info about me I probably wouldn't write about otherwise.

My five things meme (and one for good luck):
  1. My husband and kids mean everything to me. I promised I'd respect their privacy online so, I won't share any more details about them other than I'm the only female in the house.

  2. I love music but I can't keep a tune or play an instrument to save my life.

  3. I could have invented shopping bulimia -- just ask Gap and Banana -- but I've never worn something and returned it (unless of course, it was damaged or defective.)

  4. I'm a painfully shy extrovert. (How's that for an oxymoron?)

  5. I started blogging to see what all the fuss was about. Now I can't stop! I'm obsessed. There's so much more I want to do with Bargainista, I'm trying to find enough hours in the day. My family is going to stage an intervention soon. :) Did I mention, I also volunteer at both my kids' schools and AIMS?

  6. In 2004, I walked 60km for the PMH Weekend to End Breast Cancer. I'm planning to walk again next September with The Pink Princesses, if you'd like to sponsor me.
Tag your it: Glen, Tamera, Bryan, David, Scott & Bernie

For my non-blogger readers, feel free add your five things meme to the comments.

Technorati tags: AIMS, chain letter, meme, shopping bulimia

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:49 pm

    Here are my five:

    1. I wish I had more time to blog.
    2. The holidays are my favourite time of year. They get me "home" from NYC.
    3. My family is my life. I truly believe that fate brings us all together.
    4. I am committed to giving my daughter with Down syndrome the best opportunities we can create.
    5. I too am a painfully shy extrovert.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. Are you adding your five to your blog? I hope my original instructions weren't confusing.

    P.S. I had lunch with Teri this afternoon. Sounds like moving to NYC was fate too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bargainista:

    Sorry for just getting to this now, but December was crazy and I didn't really understand what your email was about until now.

    1) I love the music of Shakira and admire that she writes her own songs
    2) Blogging has been the best thing to happen in my life in months
    3) I'm finally realizing that I actually don't like people, individually and collectively, (present company, wife, & daughter exempt of course)
    4) I'm more of a nerd than even I can imagine (for example I love super heroes, and new technology solutions get me REALLY excited)
    5) I have attached earlobes, second toe is bigger than my big toe, and I've been told I have a weird accent (probably my Fergus roots)

    I don't know 5 people to pass this on to (see point #3). Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by. I think there's a little nerd in all of us who are hangin' out in the blogosphere these days. Have you checked out the Marvel exibit at the Science Centre? It's a must.

    I hope people check out your blog. You've got a lot of insightful things to say.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments