Monday, December 18, 2006

Pamper me

Just before the stores closed on Saturday, I remembered I hadn't bought a gift for my son's Hebrew school teacher. I needed something for first thing Sunday morning. The last place I wanted to go was the mall (strange but true, I do whatever I can to avoid malls in December.)

I didn't want to spend a lot of money but I wanted to buy her something nice that she would appreciate. Then I remembered a quaint little shop on Yonge St. just north of Eglinton called SABON (all products are made in Israel.)

SABON reminds me of a cross between Lush, L'Occitane and an old-fashioned apothecary. They're known for their bath, body and facial products including a new skin-care line for men. Check out the home products too.

My personal favorite are the handmade fresh cut soaps. Made with natural ingredients and aromatherapeutic oils made from an old Australian recipe, in scrumptious scents like vanilla coconut and dulce de leche, there's something for every one. I quite like the shea butter bars too.

Three items of note:
• No animal testing
• Prices start at about $6
• Have cash on hand for purchases under $15, (I only had $5 so the cashier regretfully agreed to accept my debit card for a $10 purchase)
• You can shop online but I don't recommend it; their website cries out for a redesign

Technorati tags: cosmetics, customer service, gifts, home decor, shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments