Sunday, May 06, 2007

Dear Bargainista - #11

Carla writes...
Hey Bargainista!
It’s getting nice outside, the sun is shining bright! And...I need sunglasses. Big sunglasses have been all the rage and I want a pair too. The problem is, theres just too many places to get sunglasses and I’m not sure what style to look for. I currently wear prescription glasses, but it’s not too bad. I really want a pair of Marc Jacobs sunglasses because they are so cute. However, I havent had any luck finding any. Perhaps Im looking in all the wrong places. So, will you throw some help over my way?
TYVM in advance!
•••
Dear Carla,
You have great taste. Marc Jacobs is one of the most talented designers on the planet.

I found a variety of online stores for you to choose from and FramesDirect.com even shows which frames work with prescriptions (including the pair pictured on the right).

giarre.com has a large selection of Marc Jacob’s sunglasses and a separate page for just for sale items. Yahoo! offers an easy way for you to do some comparison shopping.

As for the style, it’s always best to buy what suits you. No matter how great the style on it’s own, if it doesn’t suit you don’t bother. There are photos of models wearing several frames from Marc Jacobs’ collection at NeimanMarcus.com. Look at the shape of their faces and the frames they're wearing. It will give you an idea of which ones may best suit your features.

You’ll also need a pair that protects your eyes from harmful rays. Besides style, the other great thing about sunglasses with large frames is how much they protect your face and may help prevent premature aging. Read “Sunglasses - Choose Sunglasses that Look Great and Protect Your Eyes”at About.com for more information.

Dear Bargainista would love to hear from you too! Want to weigh in on this issue? Have a question about shopping, fashion or food? E-mail us.

Technorati tags: about.com, accessories, giarre, Marc Jacobs, Neiman Marcus, sunglasses, Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments