Sunday, August 31, 2008

Celebrating BlogDay with five new finds

Blog Day 2008
Hey, did you know today is the 4th annual BlogDay? Well, it is so I’m going to share five blogs I’ve discovered and thought you might like too.

Here they are in random order:

tinku tales -
About: “the not-so-secret life of a contemporary art gallery owner/intrepid traveler/international marketing maven/adventures”

I “met” author Amrita Chandra (“tinku” is her childhood nickname) on twitter and right away was enamoured with tinku tales – a blog about opening her first art gallery, art and life through her insightful eyes. Learn about the modern art world, the challenges of opening a new art gallery and the incredible life experiences of this amazing woman as she embarks on a new career.

Zoey’s World
About: “And this is..? Zoey Castelino blogs about life as a writer and journalist, sharing her insight on social media, mainstream media, trends, pop-culture and stories from her life.”

Zoey Castelino found me on twitter shortly after the launch of Community Divas and I’m so glad she did. She’s a brilliant writer with lots of juicy stories about her life. I think you’ll love her take on trends and pop-culture and even if you’re not into reading about media, you’ll want to read what she has to say.

Rags and Mags – haute on the hog
About: “Rags and Mags is a voyeuristic peek into the thoughts of two fictional characters as they work and play within the real fashion industry in Toronto, Canada. It is written by Carolyn Rohaly and illustrated by Danielle Meder.”

I became friends with Danielle and Carolyn through the now defunct TFBB (Danielle was the founder.) I love their humourous take on the local fashion scene through the eyes of their uber fashionable alter egos, Rags and Mags.

so you wannabee a Domestik Goddess?

About: “So you wannabee Domestik Goddess is about helping you to create a living space that reflects your own unique personality and style.”

Jen your hostess is the alter ego of author Rebecca Leaman (another interesting woman I’ve *met* on twitter), guides you through a multitude of ways to simplify your every day home life and achieve domestic bliss effortlessly - oh don’t I wish.

Independent Fashion Bloggers
About: “… a blog in reaction to corporate networks and media companies springing up faster than I can keep track of. Most of us are not business people, and are not familiar with the ins and outs of the industry, and are often left without knowing where to go for information and who to talk to and ask questions. I don’t have the answers, just like many of you, I have questions that together we can all figure out in a safe and open environment.”

I’m so glad I came across this blog founded by Jennine Tamm who blogs at the The Coveted. It’s rich resource for fashion bloggers looking for information about building successful commercial blogs. Oh, and best of all, membership in the IFB community is FREE!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the links:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:17 am

    What a lovely surprise, to be linked in such very good company - thanks much, Bargainista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. spilltojill! You're welcome and thank for stopping by. I like your advice blog and your pets sure are adorable.

    rj, Yes, I like to go for the element of surprise whenever I can. ;) I thought I'd give you some link love since I've been doing a lot of lurking and not enough commenting there lately. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention! So awesome to be listed with those other great sites on your blog. I hope you'll come back and read often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:23 pm

    Zoey, Thanks for stopping by. Will do. I'm subscribing to your feed now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks not only for featuring me, but for introducing me to some new sites I had not heard of. Have spread the Bargainista love to friends and have posted this blog post on my website as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tinku, I can't wait to meet you in person. Not sure if you've notices but I've added to the list of Women who rock! These types of memes are a great way to learn about new blogs - that's why I decided to jump on the bandwagon. Best of luck with your gallery opening.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11:12 pm

    Thanks, Eden! Flattered to be in such great company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:30 am

    Carolyn, your welcome but if truth be told, I'm flattered to be on your blogroll. You two rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments