Friday, April 04, 2008

Tip of the Week - Zoe shares her adventures in furniture shopping

Last week, I received this Tip of the Week from my friend Zoe Sistos. Thanks to twitter, we learned we share a birthday - it’s today - Happy Birthday, Zoe!

So, I thought there’s no better time to share Zoe’s humourous shopping adventures then now...


My husband and I have been doing a lot of furniture shopping lately and have also come up with a couple of good ideas.

The first is a little game we like to play. You know when you see the sales person slowly follow behind you..trying to “nonchalantly” catch up? We play a little game of Chase - it’s where we let them get close enough to think they’ve got us but then we keep moving. Its funny to watch how long and how far they will chase you around the store!

Once you let them catch you (or sometimes they do get you in a corner) I find the best way to get them off your back is to speak really loudly. So when they say “Can I help you with something?” you say, in a very polite but almost yelling voice, “NO THANKS. I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP. I AM DOING FINE THANK YOU.” You would be surprised at how embarrassed they get and they will leave you alone. Mind you, you have to be a bit outgoing and not embarrass easily to do this one. It works best after a game of Chase....lol.

6 comments:

  1. great post! :) i feel honoured to have my idea on here.

    I hope you had a wonderful birthday.

    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:43 pm

    That's hilarious!

    Now if I could only figure out how to get help, good help, when I really need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 am

    Hey, you do share a great tips about furniture. I'm a furniture seller and welcome to my website too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your view is definitely something Id like to see more of. appreciate for this site. Its fantastic and so is what you've got to say.

    Thanks!

    Nando's Menu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Living Room Furniture, which is made up of pine wood because it blends well with many other types of furniture materials, it also blends with various paint colors and wallpapers so that it will go nicely in most rooms that already have these colors or wallpapers in place. This is an extremely beneficial aspect as most individuals are looking to save as much money as they can whenever it is possible to do so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments