Friday, April 25, 2008

Weekly Wish – Come sail away with me

Last week I received an invitation from none other than Stuart MacDonald, founder of Expedia.ca, also affectionately known as one of the meshies, to the pre-launch of his latest adventure – a new kind of cruise company – tripharbour.ca/tripharbor.com.

Before last Thursday, I’d never considered taking a cruise. The idea of being stuck on a big ship in the middle of the ocean with a whole bunch of strangers and shuffleboard with Julie and Captain Stubbing at the helm was all way too Love Boatish for me. Besides I’m an outdoorsy kind of person and the thought of not having my feet on the ground wasn’t very appealing. Not to mention having no idea how to choose the right cruise at the right price.

Well after seeing the Tripharbour.ca beta, all that’s changed! I spent the entire presentation wishing I were on a ship at sea in the middle of some exotic body of water. If you’re a cruise newbie like me, Tripharbour.ca makes it easy, every step of the way.

The site itself is friendly and inviting. If price is your major concern, you can just click on the sale! tab to find the latest bargains. By far, the most appealing feature of Tripharbour.ca is the community. And, believe me there are many other appealing features with this online travel company. As the site grows, more people will be sharing their experiences, photos, tips and other important bits on information for cruise lovers and prospective cruise guests like me.

The geek in me loves the filters – or sliders as they were called at the launch – you can use to refine your search. They make playing around with various scenarios to help you choose the right vacation just so easy.

So this week, I’m not hiding it very well. I’m long overdue for a real vacation and I’m wishing for a cruise. Of course if and when I go I’ll be checking out Tripharbour.ca, now available for boarding.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:58 am

    Thanks for the great review, Eden. We're glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuart, Thanks for stopping by. I'm looking forward to following the adventures of Commodore Dave and the rest of the Tripharbour community.

    Maybe I'll try a cruise in the not-so-distant future after all. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments