Thursday, July 12, 2007

Talk to Me

While at Vortex trading some old CDs, my husband picked up a free movie pass for the Mix 99-sponsored, Toronto premiere of Talk to Me.

What? Never heard of it? Neither had I ’til then and it’s too bad this hidden gem of a film hasn’t been getting much attention in the shadow of summer blockbusters like Harry Potter and Transformers.

Don Cheadle (one of my favorite actors) is wonderful in his portrayal of Ralph “Petey” Greene, an ex-con turned DJ and community activist in Washington, DC, during the turbulent ’60s. Director Kasi Lemmons elicits brilliant performances from the entire cast.

At any price, tickets for this movie are a bargain. But don’t just take my word for it. As I write this post, Talk to Me has a 74 rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

In case you’re curious, here’s a video of Petey Green I dug up on YouTube:


Technorati Tags: Don Cheadle, Kasi Lemmons, Mix 99, Ralph “Petey” Greene, Talk to Me, Vortex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments