Friday, July 06, 2007

Tip of the Week - wear comfy shoes shopping

Okay, I admit it. I should know better than to wear my nicest looking shoes shopping. Nice doesn’t necessarily mean comfortable. Don’t ever let anyone tell you anything different.

I spent most of the day downtown. I had a 10 a.m. appointment then walked from King and Yonge to the closest mall.

After an hour or so, I hopped the rocket and headed to Holt Renfrew on Bloor to meet my pal Henna of Canadian Beauty, for lunch. From there I did some more shopping and browsing. My tender tootsies were aching but I chose to ignore them. Ouch!

By the time I hopped the rocket home it was after 3. Then I had to walk through a construction site to get there. Now I’m paying for it big time. I have new matching blisters on my baby toes. And just to make things a bit more interesting, my husband wants to go for a long after-dinner walk. You can bet I’ll be wearing walking shoes this time. ; )

You guessed it, you probably didn’t hear it from Bargainista first but remember the next time you go shopping, make sure you’re wearing comfortable shoes!

Technorati tags: Canadian Beauty, Holt Renfrew, the rocket, TTC

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:46 pm

    Dude,

    You need this stuff - just rub it on where your shoes rub. It also works after the fact, if you get blisters...as an ointment. Haven't had blisters for two years now...

    Avon Foot Works Friction Control Anti-Blister Balm
    price: $5.99
    (avon.ca)
    Provides lubrication to help reduce blister-causing friction, irritation and chafing. Purse-sized to carry everywhere. 10 g

    ..and no, I am not an Avon lady. :) It's just a great product. /Jyo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jyo,
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to order one from Giselle, my favorite
    Avon Lady.

    Hey Eric,
    Thanks for the comment but what does acne meds have to do with sore feet and shopping?

    Eden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments