Friday, July 20, 2007

Tip of the Week - manicure tricks

I’m a pretty low maintenance girl. I have one vice: I love getting manicures. Who can blame me living in a house full of guys? Getting a manicure is my great weekend escape. It’s relatively inexpensive and doesn’t take much time.

Here are two little tricks:
Pay for your manicure and leave a tip for the esthetician before your appointment begins. You’ll be less likely to ruin your manicure if you don’t have to start rooting around your wallet for change after your appointment, especially if your nails aren’t completely dry.

If you’re having your nails done for a special occasion, buy a bottle of nail polish in the same colour. If you chip a nail before the event, you can repair it yourself.

Do you have any beauty vices? What are your manicure tricks? Leave a comment.

If you have any tips you want to share with readers for Tip of the Week, email me.

Technorati tags: manicures

3 comments:

  1. Never thought of that paying first! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:53 pm

    I too love a good manicure. The no-fail way to make it last longer is to
    apply it with top coat every day or at least every other day. You'll be
    surprised how much longer your mani lasts.

    Sincerely,
    Mich (Fashionista from Chicago).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:55 pm

    You're welcome, Teena.

    Mich, thanks for the tip. I am trying a new top coat that's supposed to be great for prolonging manicures. So far, I'm not impressed. I'll try it one more time before telling you which one I'm using.h

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments