Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Weekly wish - hold on to summer

Okay, so it seems like summer began a couple weeks ago but here’s an e-mail conversation I had with my husband today at lunchtime:

Him:
“Am at the mall. July’s not even half over, and Walmart already has a section with school supplies. That’s so depressing.”
Me:
“So funny, I was just thinking of writing about that very subject for weekly wish - way too early. when you want to shop in season, everything is already gone. : (”
Time sure is flying. Summer always seems so short. It’s also the time of year when retailers make us acutely aware the colder weather is just around the corner. I’ve barely started shopping for summer and already lots of things are sold out and big sales are popping out all over the place.

Sure, I can buy most of what I want at great prices and I resent any store still trying to charge me full price on any spring or summer clothes. I’m confused and don’t know what to make of stores bringing in new regular-priced summer stock. Are you?

I’m having a rough time whenever I see fall clothing, shoes or boots on display. Heck, I’ve even seen some spring/summer stock mixed in with the new merchandise and jacked back up to regular price. What’s that all about? Don’t retailers know regular customers are on to them?

Enough ranting, I’m tired of seeing the next season’s merchandise on the racks before we’ve had a chance to enjoy the current one. What ever happened to living life for the moment?

So this week, if you haven’t already guessed, I’m wishing for retailers to change their ways and stick with summer for at least another six weeks. I know I’m asking for a lot but c’mon, are you really ready for big boots and warm wool jackets when its 35o outside?

Do you want to hold on to summer? Have you been buying summer or fall stuff? Share your thoughts with Bargainista. Leave a comment.

Photo credit: jacquiak on flickr

Technorati tags: retail, summer, seasons

1 comment:

  1. I so get it -- went to look for patio furniture today as my deck is finally almost done. Nothing, nada, out there. Unless I want to pay full price at D.O.T. Patio. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments