Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Boxing Day believe-it-or-nots

Believe-it-or-not #1
I didn't buy a thing for myself today! I explored a bit of Yonge/Eg early this morning and again just before closing time and picked up a couple items for my guys.


Believe-it-or-not #2
I actually made money shopping at Future Shop! I was surprised to save more money at one of their bricks and mortar stores than on their website. Once I receive the mail-in rebates, I'll be ahead by $2.99 - even after postage. I considered shopping online but wanted to avoid shipping costs and didn't want to wait a week or so for delivery.

Here's what I bought:
Trendnet Wireless-G Router and Wireless-G USB 2.0 Adapter package
Online pricing -
Reg. price: $89.98
Sale price: $54.98
Mail-in rebates: -$45.00
After rebate: $9.98

In-store pricing -
Reg. price: $89.98
Sale price: $35.00
Mail-in rebates: -$45.00
After rebate: -$10.00

Memorex TravelDrive 512MB USB 2.0 Flash Drive
Reg. price: $69.99
Sale price: $13.99
Mail-in rebate: -$8.00
After rebate: $5.99


Regular price: $169.97
Boxing Day price: -$4.01

By the way, if you need a USB wireless adapter for you laptop, let me know. It was more expensive to leave it behind than buy it bundled with the router. Go figure.

Share your Boxing Day believe-it-or-nots, leave a comment.

Technorati tags: believe-it-or-nots, Boxing Day, shopping, sales

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments