Sunday, June 03, 2007

Acccessories shopping on a sunny Saturday

Yesterday I checked out three different accessory stores in the Yonge street strip between Eglinton and Lawrence...

Heidi Ho2
Heidi Ho2 is really one of those rare hidden gems with a small nondescript storefronts. It’s a one-of-a-kind boutique with jewelry, clothing and other accessories that aren't mass produced.

Heidi has impeccable taste and a suggestive sales style others only dream of. She’s so good, I tried things I didn’t even need but am glad I found. I bought a great necklace for 40% off (selected jewelry is on sale) and a Dee...complete by Delicious tee for $20. Heidi definitely won me over. What style!

Accessorize
If you’ve never been to this cheap ’n cheerful accessories shop imported from the UK, you really should check it out. They always have new stuff that you won’t see everywhere else (and even a girls’ line for mother and daughter shopping). I checked out hair accessories and necklaces. The sales help was attentive, not pushy.

I ended up buying some hair clips and realized I didn’t have my loyalty card. No problem, they just looked up my last name on their computer and I got my discount. What service!

Just Cuz
I was never a big fan of this store but bought a gift there ages ago and wanted to exchange it for a higher-priced item. I knew it was past the deadline. But what the hey. Like my grandmother used to say, “nothing but ask”. So I did and bought something four times the price of the original item.

Next I wanted it gift wrapped - well they give away ribbon and tissue paper but you have to buy the bags. I asked if I could have a small box for another item I purchased elsewhere and wanted to include with the gift. They were so rude about it but gave in to my request in the end. Anyone can be bought - my cost $1. What nerve!

Where do you buy accessories? Have some stories to share? Leave a comment.

Technorati tags: Accessorize, Just Cuz, Heidi Ho

2 comments:

  1. Go on Yonge street, just south of Bloor... Cat's Cradle is fantastic for great jewellery (check out TASHI's line there), and Retrodelic and Propaganda are fantastic places to shop at too.

    http://fabulouslybrokeinthecity.blogspot.com (check out the right-hand panel, I'm slowly building up a list of great Toronto shops)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by. You do have an extensive list. Do you have an e-mail address where I can contact you - couldn't find it on your blog?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments