Thursday, January 18, 2007

Coffee, tea or ... magazine?

Second Cup is offering customers free magazines with the purchase of one of their new "me time" specialty drinks. Glen forwarded this e-mail promo:

It's pretty obvious women who read Elle and the likes are the target market for this product launch.

Think the pink colour scheme and chocolate/red berry combos just before for Valentine's Day are a coincidence? Me thinks not. Have a look at their new gift card:
I dug a bit deeper and as it turns out, they're after the yummy mummy crowd. Looks like this campaign is supposed to attract yummy mummy subscribers for their e-mail campaigns.

The contest goes something like this:
• nominate a yummy mummy (it can be you or someone else)
• complete an entry form
• include a brief story about the yummy mummy
• opt in or out of a few e-mail subscriptions
• the winner is selected by a random draw

Seems bizarre since the winner is selected from a random draw and not because her story is the favorite.

I guess they must be on to something. See what Mathew Ingram had to say in the Globe today.

Anyway, if you're yummy mummy think about entering - you may win a $1,500 visit to the spa. Now that's pretty yummy, if you ask me.

What do you think? Will you enter? Have you tried one of their new "me time" treats. Leave a comment and let us know.

Technorati tags: marketing, Second Cup, Valentine's Day, yummy mummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments