Sunday, January 28, 2007

Starbucks - the epilogue

My Starbucks' situation (see three related stories) has some closure.

I received my $15 Starbucks' gift card about a week after I wrote the second post - it didn't take long to use it up. Starbucks held up their end of the bargain and sent me a cheque to cover the dry cleaning bill - almost $70!

I frequent two Starbucks in my neighbourhood because:
• there's excellent service
• it's walking distance

A new one just opened in my office complex. The staff act like they studied The Three Stooges as part of their training program. They opened a month ago and haven't figured out how to charge people who bring their own mugs. Not terribly smart considering their competitor has a set rate. At at least an extra 21¢ per mug, it will be interesting to see how long the novelty lasts. (It doesn't seem like much per coffee, but I did the math. It adds up to an extra new pair of shoes a year!)

Was it worth all the hassle? Well, my purse will never be the same but to the untrained eye, it's clean enough to hang on to for a while.

What would you have done if you were me?

Technorati tags: customer service, dry cleaning, Starbucks

2 comments:

  1. I am a bit impressed that they sent you a cheque for $70. But have they fixed the issue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they won't even acknowledge there is/was a problem. I met another women who had a similar experience with the lids and cups not fitting properly.

    Everytime I spoke to a rep in Seattle, I was reminded the refund was a "good will" gesture. I repeated how I didn't want anything from them unless it was as an apology for a problem they would work to resolve.

    Apart from that, the service at the Yorkdale location was awful. I don't know how they dealt with the manager who was rude to me and didn't take it seriously until other customers got involved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments