Friday, January 05, 2007

Even the rich and famous clip coupons

Last night I turned on the TV just in time to see two-time Oscar winner, Hilary Swank talking it up with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show.

Other than plugging her new flick, Freedom Writers, they spent most of the time talking about Hilary's bargain hunting habits. Believe it or not, she's a big fan of coupon clipping and Costco. Guess you can never have enough toilet paper and kleenex?

It got me thinking about all the coupons I've been accumulating lately:

• Electronic ones from e-mail marketing campaigns - the ones I share with you.

• Paper ones some stores handed out last month, hoping I'd return after the holiday shopping madness ended - unfortunately, they're not made for sharing.

• And, others from magazines like Loulou - I wish they didn't have to be clipped from the magazine - the latest issue includes a 15% off coupon for La Vie en Rose just in time for Valentine's Day - they're not made for sharing either.

I'm going to need a new filing system and purse just to keep track of all these!

Which leads me to my next problem - how on earth will I remember to have/take them with me when I need them? I don't know about you but there are a couple coupons I may use and a whole bunch I'm not so sure about. Half the time, I buy something and don't remember I had a coupon until it's too late.

Maybe I should take a lesson from Hilary. How about you? Do you use coupons? How do you keep track of them?

Technorati tags: coupons, Hilary Swank, shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments